Schizophrenia Disorder in Port St. Lucie, FL
Schizophrenia is an extremely serious mental health disorder that affects nearly every aspect of the lives of the people who suffer from it. Less than 1 percent of people in the United States suffer from this deadly serious disorder. There is no cure for Schizophrenia, but there is hope. With treatment.
What is Schizophrenia Disorder?
Schizophrenia disorder was first formally diagnosed over 100 years. Since then, medical science has only learned more about this peculiar condition. It is primarily manifested by five distinct characteristics:
- Hallucinations: Those who suffer from schizophrenia may experience sensory perceptions. that are not based in reality. These are more commonly known as “hallucinations.” Auditory hallucinations (hearing disembodied and voices), visual hallucinations (seeing things that don’t exist) and other sensory hallucinations can all occur and co-exist.
- Delusions: People with schizophrenia often hold provably false beliefs that cannot be reasoned away. No matter how much evidence there is to the contrary. These delusions can be paranoid (believing others are plotting against them), grandiose (having an inflated sense of self-importance), or manifest in other forms. Any and all forms of schizophrenic delusions can be both dangerous and self-destructive.
- Disorganized thinking: Schizophrenia can lead to significantly disorganized thought processes. This can make it challenging for individuals to express themselves coherently. This inability to be understood can be.
- Disorganized or abnormal motor behavior: This includes unpredictable and inappropriate behavior, agitation, and difficulty in performing daily tasks.
- Negative symptoms: These symptoms reflect a reduction or loss of normal functioning, such as flattened emotional expression, reduced motivation, social withdrawal, and difficulty in sustaining relationships.
Schizophrenia Disorder Treatment at NP Addiction:
At The Neuro Psychiatric Addiction Clinic we utilize evidence-based treatment plans with holistic approaches to achieve real healing and real growth. Evidence-based treatment involves methods of care which are supported by clinical research. This means at NP Addiction Clinic, we use methods that are based upon scientifically validated evidence and shown to work.
Schizophrenia Disorder is a complex mental health issue and successful treatment requires careful diagnosis and an individualized treatment plan. This is why we focus on the diagnosis when it comes to our treatment for depression and other disorders here. Treatment starts with the diagnosis. Your mental health is far too important to not get the best care possible.
Find Out How We Can Help
The Neuro Psychiatric Addiction Clinic is committed to delivering the best depression treatment available. We can help you or the one you love too, but you need to make the first move. Call us now at (888) 574-3506 or send us a message using this form.